The issue of food safety, the chain of which stretches from the producers through transportation links, storage, processing and final disposition to the consumer, is quickly becoming more important…especially with the passage of the new FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). This act was the most sweeping reform of our food safety laws in more than 70 years, and it aims to ensure the U.S. food supply is safe by shifting the focus from responding to contamination to preventing it.
One of the ways that growers can be sure they are in compliance with the Produce Safety Rule is through routine water sampling. Under the Produce Safety Rule, growers are required to establish a microbial water quality profile (MWQP) to ensure that their irrigation water meets the PSR’s requirements. Click below for a full download of our FREE MWQP Calculator:
Our Food Safety Services Include…
- E. Coli O157:H7
- EHEC/STEC – Non-O157
- Salmonella spp.
- Listeria spp.
- Listeria Monocytogenes
- Total Coliforms/Generic E. Coli
- Fecal Coliforms
- Aerobic Plate Counts
- Enterobacteriaceae Counts
- Yeast / Mold
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Bacillus cereus
- Pesticide Residue Analysis
- Multi-Residue Level Packages for Fruits & Vegetables
Multi-Residue Packages Include:
- Organohalide Compounds—Group I:
- Organophosphate Compounds—Group II:
- Methyl Carbamates—Group III:
- Organonitrogen Compounds—Group IV:
For a full list of compounds included in each screen, please contact the laboratory
Our Accreditations Include…
- ISO 17025
- USDA Food Safety Inspection Service
- USDA Agricultural Marketing Service
Our Methods Include…
Please contact the lab for services that are not listed above.